Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

Skype all night

I just recently set up my phone to use the actiontec internet phone wizard. It is a really great way for my family to stay in touch. "Harry" will connect my current telephone with both my SBC telephone line as Well as my skype' account. this way, my family can call each other using Skype and still use our current telephone system. Free long distance calling to Skype users. this is a novell idea because we can make a Skype call from anywhere in the house , using our cordless telephone. Here is how it works:

I got the latest version of Skype here. I then got "harry" from amazon. I connected the telephone line from the wall to the "line" port on the box. this is carrying my SBC telephone line. I then connected my cordless phone to the "phone" port on "Harry ". I then plug My usb cable into a USB port on my computer. I install the software as dictated in the install guide (very easy) I Then reboot my Computer. I log into Skype and find the contact for my parents. I find their contact and then add them to my contact list. I then right click on their contact and point to "assign Speed dial" I then type a number, such as "11". I click "ok" and then pick up my phone. I Press # # on my phone. This key stroke switches me from "SBC" telephone Mode to internet mode. I then hear the different dial tone and press "11". Low and behold, my parent's telephone rings and they pick it up and we talk for free. While I'm talking on the internet using my cordless phone, My buddy calls my SBC number. I press # # and place my parents on hold (call waiting) and talk with my buddy, then I press # # again to talk w/ my parents. Pretty sweet deal, and worth the 40 bucks for the wizard.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?